I have a confession to make…. I am addicted to kids clothes. I love picking out Baby’s clothes and I like to share my favourite five outfits each month. So I will always remember the clothes that made me so happy! So here is ‘What Baby Rocked: August #WBR.
Do you like buying outfits for your children or are you more practical when it comes to clothes?
If you enjoy my posts, why not
I am linking up with the lovely Debs
Today marks our eight year wedding anniversary, although we have been together for over fifteen years.
I remember waking up in the hotel on the morning of the wedding, so excited to be marrying my best friend. It wasn’t long before my bridesmaid and hairdresser arrived and I was caught up in a blur. Once ready, I spent a few minutes looking at the gifts my husband-to-be had left for me the night before. I knew he would be wearing my gift to him, an engraved watch.
Despite a few hiccups, at 12 noon we said ‘I do’ and started our life together as man and wife.
I would be lying if I said that every day of our eight (or fifteen) years has been plain sailing, I don’t think any marriage is. Sometimes you both have to work things out.
My husband is my rock and I am so grateful that he looks after Baby and I so well. After 15 years I can genuinely say he is still my best friend. When things get too much, I know that a hug from him will make my world a better place to be.
He still makes me smile, like he did on our wedding day. What more can you ask for? Thanks Hubby for being my special person.
I am linking up with the following fabulous bloggers and their lovely linkys.
Katie from Mummy Daddy Me for #OrdinaryMoments
Jaime at The Olivers’ Madhouse for #MagicMoments
Charly at Podcast Dove for #What’sTheStory
It’s time to link up with ‘The 52 Project’ (Practising Simplicity) and the ‘Living Arrows’ (I Heart Snapping). The aim is to take a picture that captures the beauty and magic of childhood in our eyes. I am also linking with Snowing Indoors Point & Shoot linky.
“You are the bows from your children as living arrows are sent forth’ Kahul Gibran.”
This week I have the pleasure of hosting #TWTWC as the wonderful Hannah is away on her hen ‘do’! How exciting! #BecomingTheHardings.
“The rules; link up one post about your week! It can be photographed, Instagrammed, written, videoed… basically in any format you wish! This linky is about capturing memories and I treat it a bit like an online diary. Please only link up relevant posts. Also, if you fancy commenting on other people’s posts that would be super too – everyone loves a comment!”
This week for us has been a little tricky at times and Mr Hubby was away for half of the week. However, my lovely sister-in-law was here instead and I always LOVE seeing her.
- Sunday – We all (Baby’s Aunty was still with us) went to Cotswold Wildlife Park. We were so lucky with the weather and Baby made the most of it by doing LOTS of walking.
- Monday – What a miserable rainy day. We planned to potter to the shops, after breakfast out with Aunty J, but Baby was really suffering and got in quite a state. After I managed to get her to sleep on me in the car, we just went home for a cuddly afternoon. I officially hate molars! (Pic is Baby blowing a kiss to her Aunty as she was leaving. Although she was coming back on Wednesday!).
- Tuesday – Baby (and us!) had an awful night and she woke up with a streaming cold. So instead of going swimming, we met our friends K & T at the Baby Gym and the girls had fun playing on on the equipment. I wasn’t quick enough with the Calpol and we had a little meltdown just before we left. We just chilled out at home in the afternoon, as it was very gloomy outside.
- Wednesday – Hubby was off work, but he was getting ready to go to the Dorset Steam Fair with a friend. Baby’s aunty arrived, although she had to work (from our spare room) every day, it was nice to have company in the evenings. Baby and I just went for a play in the park.
- Thursday – Hubby left for Dorset at 7.30am and apart from a trip to the local Wildlife lakes/playground, Baby and I did very little. Baby didn’t want the lunch that was bought for her, but happily munched on the scabby duck bread. Not a good day in terms of screaming vs quiet time….
- Friday – Our plans cancelled, so Baby and I wandered into town to get a few bits for our wedding anniversary. Why is Mr Hubby soooo hard to buy for?! Then we wandered round the park and had a play on the playground. In the afternoon I took Baby out for a ride on her bike.
- Saturday – Baby pretended to drink ‘tea’ out of her plant pots while sitting in her little play house, so cute! Mr Hubby came home! I was sooo happy to see him. We pottered to town and he played with Baby in the Park, while I had a quick haircut. Then we spent the rest of the day catching up with each other and things around the house.
So that’s our week captured. What have you got up to this week? x
If you enjoy my posts, why not
If you enjoy my posts, why not
Earlier in the year Prince George was spotted out and about with a Tommee Tipee cup.
Tommee Tippee asked us if we would like to review one of their cups. We were already fans of the Active Sipper cup, with it’s soft mouth area.
We were sent an Active Sporty, which has all the benefits of drinking from a sport-style water bottle. One bonus factor is that it is non spill.
What Tommee Tippee say about the Active Sporty;
- Automatic sport-seal spout thanks to the truly non spill Easiflow® technology for easy drinking
- Lid interchangeable with Active Sipper and Active Straw
- 360ml Active Sporty cup – great for on-the-go drinking
- Dishwasher, microwave and steriliser safe
- Suitable for babies aged 12 months +
Baby took to the cup straight away and in fact wouldn’t let go of it! She drops her cups quite a lot and so we can confirm that it is non spill! It is easy to clean and I get confidence knowing that it is BPA free.
We wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another cup from Tommee Tippee, as we think they are great!
Have you tried Tommee Tippee cups for your little ones?
It’s Mums’ List time with the fabulous Hannah at Mums’ Days. Mums’ List allows us bloggers to share any post we have written that is in list/bullet point format. I use mine to record my weekly highlights and remind myself of my hit list and targets.
- Hubby has been away at the Dorset Steam Fair and comes back this morning.
- My Sister-in-Law has been staying, but she left last night. It’s all go here!
- I took Baby to the local gymnasium for the Baby morning. She and her BFF had great fun running around and exploring.
- I had my first night off blogging since I was at BritMums and then months before that.
REAL LIFE WEEKLY GOAL: Clear out all Baby’s outgrown things (Clothes/Toys). Buy Baby’s new wallpaper.
BLOG & SOCIAL MEDIA
- The new TOTS100 rankings are out and my blog has risen to 168! I am so happy and thanks to everyone who reads my blog, it means a lot.
- New blog discovery; Diapers and Skinny Jeans Kate’s photography is simply stunning. Grab a cuppa and head over for a look see.
- I was asked to speak at a blogging get together, about how I organising my blogging, but I am a big wuss and said no #HatePublicSpeaking
- Last week was my best ever in terms of views, then this week bettered it!
- I have booked my BlogFest and Blog On tickets. I think I will ask for my Blogtacular ticket for Christmas.
- Next week we are off to the Toddler Sleep PowWow in London, organised by World Apart and an Event in Windsor for Galt Toys.
BLOG/SOCIAL MEDIA WEEKLY GOAL: Focus on Klout and Instagram. (I feel it is too hard to try to improve everything at one, so I am going to focus on one or two areas each week).
So what’s on your list?
If you enjoyed reading this post, why not
I am also linking to
We were invited by Galt Toys to take part in their #MiniMasterpiece Project. Each month a group of bloggers work with their children to recreate a famous work of art. This month our task was to recreate Van Gogh’s Sunflowers.
Here is how we got on….
The Art Jar had lots of lovely things in it, to help us in our slightly abstract interpretation of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers…. Obviously, as Baby is only 16 months old, Mummy and Daddy had to help too. So we all sat on the floor with crayons, glue and lots of sparkly additions and got our creative on! (Excuse Baby’s attire, she was wearing a collection of clothes in case she got messy!).
This is Baby’s final #MiniMasterpiece
I don’t think Banksy is worried!
Do you create #MiniMasterpieces with your little ones?
Disclosure: We were sent a Galt Art Jar and some crayons in order to complete this project.
I am linking up to kid GL gloves