Welcome to the Blog Biz Goal Party! Whoop! I decided to make sure I stayed accountable and also share how I’m progressing and growing my blog biz. Each month members of my Facebook community the MomBossSquad can all add their goal updates in the comments and I will pick one person, who I will give a shout out to on my Twitter feed (almost 22k followers). I might be able to rustle up some extra goodies too! So there will be a winner each month.
So, let’s get going, here’s the low down on my blog biz January.
- Why You Need To Use These Hashtags
- How to edit pictures fast with Lightroom
- How to exploit Trello: Killing it as a blogger
- How To Become A Brand Ambassador
- The Linky List
Follower growth during January.
(n.b. I was obviously still in a Christmas daze as I forgot to track my follower numbers on 1st January! So these stats are 1st Dec – 1st Feb, apart from mailing list numbers as I recorded those)
Twitter – 21192 to 21,887 – 3.2% growth
Facebook– 6621 to 6716 – 1.5% growth
Instagram -13985 to 14,854 – 5.9% growth
Instagram – (small account) -774 to 1232 – 38% growth
Pinterest- 4493 to 5350 – 16% growth
Youtube – 1502 to 1610 – 19% growth
Email subs – Goal was 20% increase in first 90 days. I smashed it and got over 26.7% increase in first 30 days.
What goals did I set this month ?
- Complete the set up for the Blog Growth Accelerator.
- Secure US Guest posts – Secured 3 + 2 podcast interviews.
- Increase mailing list (20% for 1st 1/4) – Smashed it!
What one habit did I focus on for this month ? (How did that go?)
- Focus – I wanted to develop and keep a laser focus. I started to implement the Pomedoro technique. However, I did find there were times when I lost focus and consequently didn’t get as much done as I could have.
What experiments did I try?
- I went live on Facebook from within my page on my Mac, rather than on my phone.
- I bought the url www.mombosssquadcommunity.com and it redirects to the Facebook group, so it’s so much easier to direct people to the group.
- 61 people signed up to the Blog Growth Accelerator.
- Investing in a high level Advanced Marketing Course.
- Also investing in a mastermind/community to really help me drive my business forward.
- My new branding, I love it.
- Rid myself of shiny-object syndrome.
- FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.
- Go to bed before 1am.
- Try and have more separation to biz/family (just a little bit).
Memorable moment from January
- Our lovely review trip to Efteling.
- The success of the Blog Growth Accelerator.
- Successfully support the students on the Blog Growth Accelerator.
- Research Podcast.
- Pitch 5 UK magazines.
- Begin to create next free challenge/course.
- Start researching the next paid-for course.
- Give enough time (an hour a day) to the courses I have bought for myself.
- Finish outstanding US guest posts.
- Create hit list of potential guest posting opportunities.
- Grow my list – retarget the numbers.
- Devise a content creation strategy.
- Sort out my sales funnels.
Now it’s your turn! Share your goal review in the comments for your chance to win yourself some exposure and a pat on the back!