Welcome to the Blog Biz Goal Party! Whoop! My round-up to make sure I stay accountable to my goals and also share how I’m growing my blog biz. Each month members of my Facebook community the Mamapreneur Revolution can all add their goal updates in the comments and I’ll pick one person, who I will give a shout out to on my Twitter feed (22k followers). I might be able to rustle up some extra goodies too! There will be a winner each month.
So, let’s get going, here’s the low down on my blog biz from March.
Top 5 posts
- 23 things to do if you’re serious about blogging [VIDEO]
- Why You Need To Use These Hashtags
- How to personalise a children’s playhouse
- How To Become A Brand Ambassador
- How to edit pictures fast with Lightroom
Follower growth during March
- Twitter – 22118 to 22495 – 1.7% growth (1.6% last month) ⇈
- Facebook– 6776 to 6914 – 2.4% growth (0.88% last month) ⇈
- Instagram – 15345 to 16100 – 4.9% growth (3.2% last month) ⇈
- Instagram – (small account) – 1338 to 1648 – 23% growth (8.6% last month) ⇈
- Pinterest- 5904 to 6115 – 3.57% growth (10.35% last month) ↓
- Youtube – 1622 to 1658 – 2.23% growth (0.7% last month) ⇈
- Email subs – 32.7% growth (13.7% last month) ⇈
What goals did I set this month ?
- Write my next course – I’ve made a good start.
- Set up the free challenge so it’s ready to go – All ready and starts tomorrow!
- Promote the free challenge – All done
- Make time for to the courses I’ve bought for myself – Have made some headway.
- Finish outstanding US guest posts- totally didn’t have time to do these.
- Create hit list of potential guest posting opportunities – still to do.
- Grow my list 20% – Done.
- Devise a content creation strategy – Made huge changes in the frequency of content.
- Implement my sales funnel – made a start on a way to tie content and courses together in a very accessible way.
What one habit did I focus on for this month ? (How did that go?)
- Getting on with it – This month I wanted to stop over-analysing and just get going with the tasks that I’ve been pondering on for too long.
What experiments did I try?
- I had great results using an alternative design FB ad (in terms of conversions)
- I offered an upset of a workbook to go with my free course. It went down well and paid for my FB ads to promote the course.
- Over 360 bloggers signing up to my next free challenge.
- Having a one-to-one Skype call with my blogging hero.
- Take time away from work.
- I still need better focus.
- I must get more sleep.
Memorable moment from March
- Skyping Regina.
1st quarter goal review
- INCREASE MAILING LIST BY 25% – Increased list by over 121%
- LAUNCH & RUN BLOG GROWTH ACCELERATOR – Done
- RESEARCH PODCASTING – decided it’s not the right time following a discussion with mentor.
- RUN WEBINAR – pushed launch back so webinar pushed back.
- RESEARCH GUEST POSTING US – Have some outstanding posts to write.
- PITCH 5 MAGS – Pitched one through a contact. Need to roll this over.
2nd quarter goals
- RUN WEBINAR
- 5 US GUEST POSTS
- MAGAZINE COVERAGE UK
- 1 FREE CHALLENGE
- MORE PUBLIC SPEAKING
- LAUNCH NEXT PAID COURSE
- INCREASE MAILING LIST BY 25%
- PITCH GUEST POSTS
- PITCH 5 MAGS
- SET UP MEMBERSHIP SITE
Specific April goals
- Create hit list of potential guest posting opportunities.
- Finish outstanding US guest posts.
- Make time for to the courses I’ve bought for myself.
- Webinar for next course.
- Run the free challenge.
- Create next course.
- Initial promo next course.
- Launch Blogger’s epic toolkit bundle giveaway.
- List growth – + 20%.
- Set up the basic mechanics of the membership site.
- Set up my content/course navigation system.
Now it’s your turn! Share your goal review in the comments for your chance to win yourself some exposure and a pat on the back!