For many bloggers June is an exciting month, as it brings with it BritMums Live, the largest event for parenting bloggers in the UK. For people who often work on their own, BritMums Live is a fabulous way to meet your online friends, make new ones, learn from the sessions and network with brands. Oh and there is wine…..
So I thought I would join in the linky ‘I’m going to BritMums Live’ just to start getting me in the mood!
Name: Aby Moore
Blog: You Baby Me Mummy
Twitter ID: @youbabymemummy
Height: 5ft 10
Hair: Erm….blonde – ish!
Is this your first blogging conference?: No I went to BritMums Live last year. I have also been to BlogFest and three Blog Camps. By the time BritMums Live arrives, I will have been to my first Blogtacular aswell.
Are you attending both days?: Obviously!
What are you most looking forward to at BritMums live 2015?: So easy this one, meeting my friends and making new ones. Friendships are by far the best thing about blogging for me. At last year’s BritMums Live I met the lovely Hannah from Mum’s Days for the first time and she is now a close friend of mine.
What are you wearing?: A dress, at the moment that is all I know!
What do you hope to gain from BritMums LIVE 2015?: For me BritMums Live is a real experience, it gives me a break away from being a ‘Mummy’ just for a couple of days, which is revitalising. It also gives me the opportunity to meet up with my amazing blogging friends. I am also looking forward to meeting some new brands, making some new friends and soaking up as much information as possible.
Do you have any tips to pass on to others who haven’t been before?: Arrange to meet up with people you speak to on Twitter and have lunch before you go in on the Friday. There are LOTS of people, which can be intimidating, but everyone is super friendly. If you are flying solo check out the BritMums Butterflies, who will help you out. This post I wrote might also help or this one about how to get the most out of a blogging conference.
Why Should You Go?
- Experience: It is a really great experience. The opportunity to be involved is brilliant and it will make a difference to you as a blogger in so many ways.
- Friends: I often talk about the friends blogging has brought into my life, but I am genuinely so grateful that blogging has done that for me. Meeting your online friends face to face does help strengthen the bond between you and your friendships will go from strength to strength.
- Network: There are a great mix of brands in the hub and everyone is really friendly, so just get chatting to them. Take your business cards and who knows what could happen in the future.
- Learn: There are lots of fabulous sessions with speakers that you can learn so much from. I also find that I learn lots from being with other bloggers and from the informal conversations you have. Finding out how other people work, can be really useful.
- Be inspired: Mixing with other bloggers, peers and experts is so inspiring. From those informal conversations, to the keynote speeches, your head will be full of possibilities and ideas.
- ‘You’ time: It can be hard to have a break from family life and BritMums provides a great opportunity to have a little time out, with people who understand that you might be finding leaving your little one/s difficult. There is a lovely social side, which does give you a nice break from the humdrum.
So what are you waiting for, go book that ticket, you know you want to!