I must admit that we use a wide range of nappies. In fact, we usually buy whichever brand is on offer. However, we were recently asked to try the Pampers Active fit nappies and we were set a challenge, which we couldn’t resist.
Pampers state that their Active Fit nappies have an additional absorbent layer, which soaks up the moisture and locks it away from the baby’s skin; keeping your baby up to two times drier than its main competitors. I often check if Baby’s nappy has leaked on the outside, but rarely think about how dry it is on the inside.
So onto the challenge, you can do it too!
What you will need
- 1 Pampers Active Fit nappy
- 150 ml of water
- Stop watch
- Kitchen roll
1. Shape the Pampers Active Fit nappy, as if it was flitting around your baby.
2. Take 150ml water (which is approximately 2-3 pees).
3. Slowly pour the water into the middle of the well that you made with the nappy and watch it soak in.
4. Set your stopwatch for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
5. After 1 minute 30 seconds take a piece of kitchen roll and press it (simulating the weight of a baby) onto the surface of the nappy.
6. Remove the kitchen roll and check out the results! The kitchen roll is completely dry!
Pampers Active fit nappies provide up to 12 hours of dryness, which is great reassurance for parents especially for overnight stints!
I was very impressed. Then I realised that I didn’t know if all nappies would give this result under the same test, so I grabbed a supermarket own brand nappy that we had at home and repeated the test.
As I hope you can see from the last photo, there was moisture on the kitchen towel after pressing it into the nappy. It wasn’t soaking, but there was definite moisture there. This surprised me, as I actually thought nappies would be all pretty much the same in terms of absorbancy.
So the results of my highly scientific test was that Pampers Active Dry nappies had amazing absorbancy and definitely locked in moisture, keeping it away from your baby’s delicate skin.
Which brand of nappies do you use? Have you tried Pampers Active Fit?
Disclosure: We were sent a pack of Pampers Active Fit nappies for the purpose of completing his challenge. All thoughts are my own.