I love the romance of Valentine’s day, but what I don’t love is the over commercialisation of it. So with this in mind, I am having a Homemade Valentine’s this year. I actually think this means more. Taking the time to create something with love, surely that can’t be beaten by any shop purchase?
1. 52 Reasons Why I Love You – I LOVE this idea. The link takes you to the site where you can pay to download the template. However, if you look online there are free templates you can download. Then all you have to do is type or write in your reasons and cut and paste onto each card. Punch holes and either use a couple of scrapbook rings or just some ribbon to make the cards into a book. Perfect homemade present!.
2. Love Birds Keepsake Jar – This is so cute and the tutorial can be found here. A lovely unusual gift and can be personalised any way you wish.
3. This is a cute way to create an effective storage solution of all hubby’s belts. A wooden hanger, some hooks and job done. I cannot find the original source, but here is a tutorial. Rather self explanatory.
4. Valentine’s Day Coupons – These can be as simple or as ‘posh’ as you want them to be. They could be saucy or just include simple things that hubby will like. Ideas include – a lie in, a night off baby duty, breakfast in bed and they can be redeemed at any time.
5. A very simple idea, but really sweet. Some chocolate coins, a cellophane bag and a personalised note. Ideal for leaving near hubby’s keys in the morning.
6. This is along the same lines as the 52 reasons idea. A glass jar, decorated as you wish. Then slips of paper or heart cut outs if you are feeling adventurous, any number you wish. Write or type all the reasons why you love hubby and pop them in.
If you are planning a homemade Valentine’s, I hope this gives you some inspiration. Mr Hubby is getting a few things from this list. I would love to know what you are doing for your other halves?