I can’t quite believe that we are so close to Easter; this year is already speeding by. Do you have Easter plans? If you do I hope they involve lots of chocolate and treats, well it’s the law at Easter, isn’t it?!
Baby is approaching her third birthday and she is so much more aware now of these special holidays. We had a lovely Christmas, as she was in full on ‘believing-in-Santa’ mode, so I really want her to relish in the magic of all our national holidays. Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Bonfire Night the lot!
Although creating magical holidays does not have to cost the earth, invariably the bits and bobs you pick up to make it a special event can add up. You might be able to find some discount codes for Matalan on this page. Currently, there are codes for £6 – £20 off your online order..
So, how can we make Easter special? Well, here are some ideas to make sure your kids have an eggs-ellent time (oh I know! I just couldn’t resist!).
- Easter Egg Hunts – I loved Easter egg hunts when I was a child; Baby and I have already made magical string easter eggs, so we could have an early egg hunt. If you fancy picking up a cute little Easter Egg hunt set, then head to Matalan as they have a fabulous little kit with everything you need to make it really special. Kids love hunting for stuff, FACT!
- Picnic among the daffodils – The weather may be a little unpredictable, but we are having some dry, bright days; so why not head out for an annual Easter daffodil picnic. With a wonderful range including cool bags and picnic rugs, you will look stylish and co-ordinate too. You can make it even more fun for the kids by taking along the magnifying glass and bug jar, to assist a mini beast hunt.
- Make Bunny Cookies – Baking is always fun, but why not knock up a cookie mix and use Matalan’s cute cookie bunny cutters to give them a special Easter twist.
- Easter meal – Rustle up an Easter feast and get all the family together. These cute little chicks would make a fabulous table centre piece.
- Easter egg decorating – There are so many ways to decorate eggs, you can use real eggs, chocolate or artificial ones and Pinterest has a heap of ideas for you. If you are short of time you can pick up this great kit to make your life a little easier.
- Easter games – The possibilities are endless! Pin the tail on the bunny, bobbing for eggs, the list goes on. Why not add in some frisbee fun?!
- Create an Easter bonnet – Compulsory isn’t it? I have to make one for Baby to take to nursery, but even if your kids don’t need one for nursery or school, it is a lovely tradition to start. They can get involved in its creation, then be proud to model it.
How do you celebrate Easter? Do you have any traditions?
Disclosure: Collaborative post.