I have been nominated for this award by three lovely bloggers! My partner in crime on #TheList Hannah from Mums’ Days, Becky from Little O and Me and Sarah from Toby Goes Bananas. I am very grateful for this award ladies! They have all asked me 10 questions, which I will do my best to answer. Be prepared for a bit of a question and answer fest!
Questions from Hannah
- Shoes or Handbags? Both! Although in reality not much of either anymore. Also I have really big feet, so it is sometimes difficult to find nice shoes.
- Where is your favourite place in the world? I have owned horses for most of my life, so consequently I have not travelled much. I would say my favourite place is with my family at home.
- What do you love most about blogging? So many things! I think top of the list is the community and all the friends I have made.
- What is your least favourite thing to do? Cleaning, bleugh does anyone actually enjoy it?
- What would you do with your time if you had all the money in the world? Hubby and I have always dreamed of opening an animal rescue centre.
- Which charity is closest to your heart and why? I think animal charities always hit home with me, but also cancer charities as I have a family history of the disease.
- What is your favourite organisation tip (house/cleaning/life/work/whatever!)? For the blog (as my house is neither clean nor organised!) use the Editorial Calendar plug in.
- What is your mum uniform? Depends on the weather; Summer is usually a maxi skirt/dress, top and cardy/cover up. In Winter the summer skirt is swapped for a wintery skirt or leggings!
- What does a typical day look like for you? Baby wakes at 6am give or take, I blog while she has breakfast. Then we usually go out somewhere. Baby will only nap in the car, so we always have to go on a trip. This could be to the park, swimming, meeting friends etc. I blog while Baby naps in the car. Then our afternoons are usually spent at home, often playing in the garden. Baby still has milk at 3pm and at 4pm we go up to have her bath. Mr Hubby gets home at 4,30pm and he usually gives Baby her tea (while I do a bit more blogging!). Then between 6pm-6.30pm Baby goes to bed. I usually take her while Mr Hubby cooks dinner (as I hate cooking), but if dinner is already made Mr Hubby will take her. Then I blog every evening, usually falling asleep around midnight!
- I’m at the bar, what are you having?! Ooh maybe a cocktail!
Questions from Becky
- If I gave you £100 (I know I’m too nice!) what would you buy right now? Knowing me I would buy Baby some clothes! What I do need is new shoes, so I should buy those.
- What has been your favourite blog post you have written from the past year? I find it hard to pick, as I think you like posts for different reasons. My most read post was Blogging; A Full time job? This is also my most retweeted post.
- Your favourite animal, and why? Oh I love animals! This is hard, my top three are Horses (have ridden all my life), Dogs (owned dogs all my life) and Giraffes (they are just so cool)!
- Your current favourite blog? This is so hard for me. I genuinely have so many that I adore. I would say at the moment I am excited about the wedding plans on Make, Do & Push and Tigerlilly Quinn.
- What is your favourite time of the day? Quite often 4.30pm when Mr Hubby gets home from work!
- The biggest challenge you have overcome in the last year? I would say PND. I don’t feel that I have overcome it, but hopefully I am on the right track.
- Your most used app? Twitter and Instagram
- Whats your favourite beauty/hair product? I don’t really have one. I tend to just do the bare minimum and use whatever I have.
- You can invite three people to a dinner party, who are they? My lovely friends Em, Hannah and Hannah. It would be a fabulous bloggers dinner party!
- Describe yourself using only three words? Loyal, Mummy, Tired!
Questions from Sarah
- What one thing (not person) could you not live without? Cups of tea! They save my life on a daily basis, they restore me and comfort me.
- If you could live anywhere where would it be? I think both Mr Hubby & I would love to live by the sea, a cute Cornish village would be lovely.
- Hot or cold? I think I prefer to be cold than hot, I love snuggling in jumpers and under blankets.
- What’s your favourite film? This is so hard. My classics are Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing & Bridget Jones.
- What’s your earliest memory? I don’t know what my earliest is, but I remember little snippets of my childhood in Scotland (I loved there between the ages of 3-10 years).
- What’s your favourite thing about blogging? I answered this is Hannah list – I think the Blogging community and the friends I have met, also I feel I am creating something special for Baby to look at when she is older.
- What’s the oldest thing you own and how long have you had it? I still have an old teddy bear (well dog) called Peter. He must be approximately 30-35 years old now.
- Sweet or savoury? Sweet
- If you had a day to yourself, no chores to do, no kids to look after, what would you do? Probably Blogging! ha ha! If you confiscated my laptop, then it would probably include a relaxing day out with Mr Hubby and a nice lunch somewhere. Then an lazy afternoon reading.
- Any regrets? I sometimes wish I had been more career focused in my youth, rather that going with ‘heart’ jobs. Oh and I bought a house when I was 20 and sold it to go to University, I wish I hadn’t sold it!
The rules for this award are…
* Put the Logo on your Blog
* Answer the 10 questions put to you by the Blogger
* Nominate 10 Bloggers
* Give the 10 Bloggers, 10 new questions
- Michelle from The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Steph from Diary of a Midlife Mummy
- Hannah from Make, Do and Push
- Kirsty from Hijacked by Twins
- Georgina from Kohl Mama
- Mrs H from Mrs H’s favourite things
- Charlotte from Baking Betsy
- Kate from Crafts on Sea
- Mummy from MummyShire
- Michelle from Bod for Tea
My questions for these lovely people are;
- Where did your blog name come from?
- Book or Kindle/Tablet?
- What is your favourite song?
- Dogs or cats? Why?
- What is your favourite food?
- Name four dream dinner party guests (dead or alive)?
- If you could do any job, what would it be?
- Who is your blog crush?
- If you could go anywhere on holiday, where would you go?
- What is the weirdest thing about you?
So over to you ladies! Please tag me in the post and on Twitter so I know to pop by and have a look.