I never thought I would be excited about a thermometer! However, I am genuinely excited about the Braun No Touch + Forehead Thermometer! O.k, so I don’t get out much, but that aside, it is fabulous.
This thermometer offers breakthrough technology, it is extremely accurate and easy to use.
- Measures forehead temperature in less than 2 seconds.
- ‘Touch’ and ‘No Touch’ technology. In ‘touch’ mode place it directly onto the child’s forehead or hold it up to 5 cm away in ‘no touch’ mode.
- Clinically proven accuracy.
- Proximity sensor helps to guide you to a correct 5cm distance.
- Non invasive. With ‘no sound’ and ‘no touch’ modes, it is perfect to use on sleeping children.
- ‘No touch’ reduces the risk of spreading germs.
- Colour indicator, Green for no fever, yellow if elevated temperature and red for high fever.
- Audible beeps accompany the visual indicator for temperatures over 37.4%
- Suitable from birth.
We have had terrible trouble in the past trying to take Baby’s temperature. It is so stressful when your baby is ill, to try and get a thermometer in their ear and hold it there. On many occasions we had to give up, as Baby wouldn’t play ball. As you can see from the pictures, we had no such issue with this thermometer! She was so comfortable with us taking her temperature in both modes and even managed to take it herself in the ‘no touch’ mode’!
I loved how non invasive it is, how quickly it gets the job done and the colour indicator is really handy. I always forget what is an o.k reading and what may indicate a fever, especially if I am worried that she might be ill.
This thermometer is priced at £52.99, which I think for technology this advanced is a great price. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase it at this cost. For the peace of mind and the knowledge that I will always be able to get an accurate reading easily.