I love making things. Granted some homemade stuff can look a bit dodgy, but if you select the right item I think homemade creations can be unbeatable. With this in mind I have started to think about Mother’s Day and what I could create for my mum. Mum lives over 250 miles away, so I don’t get to see her very often. Recently she has helped me a lot making stock for my new handmade business, for which I am very grateful. Mums also always appreciate the extra thought that goes into a homemade gift. She will be with us for Mother’s Day, so time to get making.
So here are my top finds of lovely Mother’s Day creations.
1. Cake/Bread in a jar – What a fab idea! I really love this. All the ingredients are weighed out and you can put instructions on the bottle – i.e add eggs and butter. Brilliant!
2. Butterfly Pot – This is pretty self explanatory; paint, babies feet and a pot!
3. Sugar Scrub – There are lots of recipes online for lots of different beauty products. I think mums would love these and you can pretty the containers up anyway you like.
4. Love Canvas – All you need is a child, some paint and a permanent marker!
5. Photo Canvas– I think this is a great idea and I will be doing this for my mum (but from Baby). Take the photo’s, mount them on the canvas and then seal the canvas, job done! Alternatively you could find a collage frame and just use that instead.
6. Melted Bead Suncatchers – I didn’t even know this was possible, but I think it is really effective.
7. Hand drawn crockery – Just doodle with a sharpie, ideal if you are artistic.
8. Photo Bookmarks – A lovely little idea, for an inexpensive, but pretty present.
9. Words on plates – If your not artistic just write on a plate, pick a funny or inspiring quote and it can be effective.
So what will you be making for your mum this Mother’s Day?, or are you in the buying brigade!?
If you enjoy reading my blog I would be so grateful if you would nominate me in the Mad Blog Awards (before 14th March).
(So far I have been nominated for Best Baby Blog, Best New Blog and Blog of the Year, so any additional nom’s in those categories would be so lovely xx)