One of the key ways to stay on track with your goals and ultimately achieve them is to write them down. Using goal focused affirmations keeps your goals top of mind and so you’re far more likely to achieve them. You will also be training your mind to believe that the achievement of your goals is a given. Achieving your goals in many cases in down to the person’s mindset and belief that they will achieve. A positive mindset counts for so much. Through use of affirmations you can develop this positive focused mindset.
Not sure exact what an affirmation is? An affirmation is a sentence or two that helps to reinforce a positive thought. Here are some examples;
- I don’t sweat the small stuff
- I am adventurous. I overcome fears by following my dreams
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness
- I will not compare myself to strangers on the Internet
Goals are not achieved in a single day, they are the culmination of forming a habit to chip away at the actions you need to take to achieve your goals. Forming habits is so important to achievement and you can’t form a habit without a positive mindset. If you’re constantly having to force yourself to get out of bed early (hating every second) you won’t stick to it for long! Focus, habit and a positive mindset are key to goal achievement.
Focus is important because;
- Focus allows your to prepare for problems
- Focus makes your desires more concrete
- Focus helps you create a long term plan
Affirmations will not automatically mean you will achieve whatever you want. You still need to show up in the right way and have the willpower and the drive to stick to your goal-achieving habit. Start saying goal affirmations twice a day and you should notice an impact on your positivity.
Need some goal focused affirmations? Here are some options, but make sure the ones you use mean something to you.
Affirmations to achieve your goals
- All resistance to achieving my goals has vanished
- I know I can achieve anything I want to
- I move closer and closer to achieving my goals every day
- I know that I will achieve my goals
- Today I will take a big step toward reaching my goals
- I enjoy taking action to make my goal a reality
- I’m seeing consistent results from my actions
- I’m learning to trust myself to achieve my goals
- I’m committed to making my goals a reality
- I believe in myself and in my goals
- With planning, action and hard work I will achieve my goals
- My daily goals will ensure I reach my long term goals.
- I’m motivated and energised to achieve my goals
- My mind is energised, clear and focused on the process of my goals.
- I take action towards my goals every day
- I’m able to accomplish anything I set my mind to
- I know that anything is possible when I take action
- I’m easily able to find any resources I require to achieve my goals
- I can do this
How to make affirmations count!
Make your affirmations visible
As mentioned earlier you need to make your affirmations visible so you can see them multiple times a day and begin to learn them. This will mean you can recall them more easily.
- Display them – Write them out and display them in a prominent place.
- Memorise them. Take time to learn your affirmations so you can call of them regularly.
- Record yourself reciting them. Then you can listen to them when you’re travelling, meditating or soaking in the bath!
- Email them to yourself. Schedule emails to yourself with the affirmations so they pop up throughout the day.
- Make a screen saver. Make a screensaver/desktop for your laptop and phone with your affirmations on them.
Affirmations can help you shape and strengthen your mindset. They can be a valuable tool which you can harness to help you stay on track and smash your goals
Have you ever used affirmations to achieve your goals before? Are you going to use them the next time you set goals?
Pin it! Affirmations to achieve your goals